Massage works because it changes your whole physiology.” —Tiffany Fields, PhD, University of Miami School of Medicine
Our clinical massage therapists will help you discover patterns that your body holds (postural habits) and work with you to release and reprogram those patterns to relieve pain, reduce stress, improve performance, and enhance your overall health. They will evaluate and treat the soft tissue disfunctions of your body through hands-on manipulation and neuromuscular re-education.
Our massage therapists have the training, skills, and clinical experience to address a wide variety of medical conditions, including:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hypermobility syndrome
- Low back pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle strains
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ)
- Headaches and migraines
Our therapists draw upon a variety of techniques to help restore healthy function, including:
- Myofascial release stretches the body’s connective tissue to reduce pain and increase range of motion.
- Neuromuscular reprogramming® addresses dysfunctions of the coordination system resulting from traumatic injury and overuse.
- Posturology addresses acute or chronic pain by working directly with the body’s nervous system.
- Reflexology is based on the principle that there are reflexes in the hands and feet that relate to every organ, gland, and system of the body.
- Trigger point therapy deactivates trigger points, which may cause local pain or refer pain to other parts of the body.
- Visceral massage addresses structural imbalances by treating the dynamics of motion and suspension in relation to organs, membranes, fascia, and ligaments.
- Swedish massage involves gliding, kneading, and tapping or shaking techniques to improve circulation and reduce pain and stiffness.
- Reiki brings the whole body into balance through still touch applied at specific points believed to open up channels of energy.
- Prenatal massage supports mothers-to-be through restorative positioning on the table with gentle strokes to promote circulation and ease discomfort.
- Oncology massage insures that anyone diagnosed or recovering from cancer receives the expertise and knowledge of a specially trained oncology massage therapist.